Friday 11 January 2013

And relax...

January, not everyone's favourite month of the year. After some well earned time off over Christmas you're straight back into it come January 2nd and for me anyway it seems more hectic than ever. That's why I decided to have a 'relax' evening of a lovely warm bath, pampering, a good book and candles and I felt a million times better because of it. 

I would highly recommend getting a getting a few candles out, a few self indulgent beauty products and here are my top tips for a 'relax' evening. 

Light some candles, particularly ones that smell of lavendar/camomile etc and only turn on warm lamps, no bright overhead lights. As I've just purchased the This Works Night Owl kit I decided to try out the candle and it didn't disappoint.

Before the bath I cleansed my face with Liz Earle's limited edition Cleanse & Polish Cleanser in Lavender and Rose - a perfect cleanser for this sort of thing, luxurious and extremely relaxing.
Run a bath and use some beautifully smelling bath salts. I love the This Works Deep Sleep Bath Soak. They're made especially for before bed and smell absolutely delightful! 

Ideally put on a great smelling face pack (it's all about the smell to get you relaxed!) whilst in the bath. I used the Wei Hydrating Face Treatment Pad which I really needed at the moment with this cold weather.


Don't rush it! Soak it up with a good book (at the moment I'm reading Delirium). 

Pyjamas, a dressing gown and comfy slippers are the obvious clothing of choice in this situation. I then sweep over a bit of Garnier Comforting Toner with Rose extract and slather on The Body Shop's Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream. The normal Vitamin E Moisture Cream would work just as well, I tend to get quite dry skin in winter so usually go for the most hydrating moisturiser possible. 


Hopefully that should be all you need for a relaxing evening after a stressful day at work!

Who needs to spend lots of money at a spa trip hey?!

No comments:

Post a Comment